Monday, April 16, 2012

Banana Raisin Oat muffins

Ok so I have been absent for a while- really just reading and getting to know some more wonderful food blogs. I'm excited to say that I have found some really good ones lately and have been experimenting more. This is not new to us but we have been having different forms of this muffin a lot lately. I'm not sure why but I have been craving moist, flavorful muffins a lot and this is what we have been coming up with. I have adapted this recipe from already pretty healthy to over the top healthy.


Recipe:
Combine in a large bowl:
1 1/2 C soft white wheat and barley flour (you could use all soft white)
1/2 C rolled oats
(I also like to make them with 1 C barley/wheat flour and 1 C oat flour, unless I'm too lazy to grind the oats to flour)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp real salt
cinnamon (the recipe calls for 1/4 tsp but I just dump it in cause I love cinnamon)
Then add:
2 ripe bananas mashed
2 eggs
1/2 C honey
1/4 C maple syrup ( I never mesure my sweetners- just through um in until it looks good ha!)
1/3 C coconut milk or water
1/4 C melted coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 C raisins
Mix till moistened
Put in muffin tins and bake at 375* for 15-18 min Yum Yum!
Variations:
Put chocolate chips in place of raisins
Omit banana and put in applesauce
Swap cranberries for raisins and add some orange peel and orange juice

No comments:

Post a Comment